Saturday, August 6, 2011

Goodbyes are never easy

In just about 6 weeks in will be leaving for Kiev. I am not close to being ready to go. I have been laying around nursing a broken back since July 2nd. This week was a bad week as far as being painful. There were doctor/lawyer appointments everyday but Thursday. I had a little party on Thursday for a family that have been close to Chuck and me since they moved here 9 years ago. They came from Oregon with 3 kids and left with 7. We had a 7th birthday party for Samanthia on Thursday and a going away party for the whole family. I didn't want to say goodbye to them. It seems that everything is changing so rapidly these last 5 months. So many of our friends have moved away. The friendscape looks so different now than it did when Chuck was still alive. It would seem to be almost unbearable if I wasn't leaving too. I would feel a lot sadder that the Tates were leaving for the northwest if I was going to be here without them. I got to read to the little ones once more thursday night before they left. Thanks you guys for letting me be your grandma for those years.
So I have about 6 weeks before I leave. It's a whole new chapter for a lot of people these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment